Scholarship and Testing Information:
Apex High School College Board Code (CEEB Code): 340085
For SAT registration go to www.collegeboard.com.
For ACT registration go to www.act.org.
- Please keep ALL scholarship offers (accepted or unaccepted) and bring to Student Services for senior awards and end of year reporting.
- Athletes: Make sure you have registered with NCAA (www.eligibilitycenter.org) if you plan on playing a college sport. Make sure to send your SAT scores from College Board to the NCAA Clearinghouse (Code 9999).
- If you have questions regarding transcripts or scholarships, please contact Mrs. Salpietro at 387-2215 email@example.com or Mrs. Graham at 387-2166 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check college websites for Open House information
- Ms. Bonnie Sykes, our Financial Aid Advisor, will be here on Wednesdays from 8:30 - 1:00. Please call 919-387-2215 to set-up an appointment
- Sign up to receive Cougar Notes, a Bi-weekly announcement from our PTSA, at email@example.com
Scholarship Newsletter - Please check the WCPSS Online Scholarship Guide at http://www.scholarshipplus.com/wake/ for new scholarships. For the current scholarship newsletter, please click here.
For additional Scholarships not included in Scholarship Newsletter that can be found online or in the Student Services Scholarship Drawer: Please go to www.apexhigh.com, click on Student Services, then Scholarships
College Visits - Juniors and Seniors who would like to speak with a college representative need to sign up in Student Services to receive a pass.
College/University Open House:
SAT/ACT Prep Courses and Resources
- Jan. 26: Meredith College Open House for Seniors: Please click here for more information.
- Feb. 21: Christopher Newport University Open House days: Please click here for more information
- Feb. 28: Meredith College Open House for Juniors: Please click here for more information.
- Feb. 28: UNC Pembroke Open Houses: For more information please click here
- Mar. 21: Christopher Newport University Open House days: Please click here for more information
- Mar. 21: Johnson C. Smith University Open House: For more information click here
- Mar. 21: UNC Charlotte Explore/Open House: Please click here for details
- Mar. 28: Greensboro College Open Houses: For more information and dates, please click here
- Apr. 11: UNC Pembroke Open Houses: For more information please click here
- Apr. 18: Greensboro College Open Houses: For more information and dates, please click here
- Apr. 25: UNC Charlotte Explore/Open House: Please click here for details
- Virginia Military Institute Open House (various dates): Please click here for more information
- Experience Bridgewater College Open House. Click here for more information
Scholarships, Financial Aid and Contests
- College tutors Cary SAT/ACT Practice Test. For more information, please click here
- Raleigh Tutoring SAT/ACT Boot Camp. Look here for more information
- St. David's School is offering an SAT Prep Course in January 2015: Parents and students can contact our Programs Coordinator, Katherine Fleming, through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (919) 782-3331 ext. 332 or (919) 244-7542. You can also register by visiting their website at www.sdsw.org/programs.
Misc. College Information and Opportunities
- AMVETS (American Veterans) Americanism Essay Contest (deadline March 1, 2015): For 9-12 grade, please go to www.amvetsnc.org or stop by Student Services for entry forms and rules.
- WACE National Co-op Scholarship Program 2014-2015: Please click here for more information and application
- FAFSA DAY, Saturday, February 28, 2015 9 a.m. to 12 noon (times vary, so check website). Click here for more information
- Letters About Literature Contest (9th-12th Grade) December 15th Deadline: Please go to read.gov/letters for Contest Rules and Guidelines
- Hollins University Playwriting, Screenwriting, or Dance Competitions for SOPHOMORES & JUNIORS: Please click here for more information
- If you would like to be nominated for the Mercy College Summer Leadership Academy please come to Student Services to let your counselor know: For more information please go to https://www.mercy.edu/business/leadership/academy.
- Meredith College Women's Leadership Conference: For Juniors who are currently in leadership positions or who aspire to assume leadership positions in their senior year. Pre-registration if required by January 22nd. Please visit www.meredith.edu/admissions/lc to register. If you have any questions about the event, contact the Admissions Office at 919-760-8581 or 1-800-MEREDITH, or by email at email@example.com
- For Summer Program Information, please go to apexhigh.com, Student Services, and then Summer Programs. Check back frequently, as we keep updating.
- The Bronfman Youth Fellowships in Israel for Juniors (deadline January 6): Please click here for more information.
- NC School of Science and Math Summer Ventures (Application deadline January 31). For more information and to apply, please click here.
- Lenoir-Rhyne University Teaching Scholars Program: To learn more please click here
- West Virginia University Admissions Update: Click here for Application & Waiver information
- North Carolina A&T State University Aggie Nights 2014: For more info please click here
- Triangle Youth Leadership Conference 6 - Conference 2015: Click here for more information